Wednesday, February 15

WOOO

wow. what a whirlwind of a few hours! I have basically been glued to the computer trying to finish all those silly trivial application things. ugh. heres to you mum and dad for making everything happen for me. legitimately could not have done it without you. so thanks. my future was in your hands and you did well:)
so! I won't lie, I'm so sick of the computer. so I'll write a fairly quick email with the highlights.
these highlights will be titled:
"the series of unfortunate events"
case A: getting kicked out of two roman catholic families houses, in the middle of dinner. two days in a row.
case B: ferg getting bed bugs. yep, you read that right. she got bed bugs. we have pictures to prove it. by the grace of the heavens, I didn't get bit. but I also didn't sleep for three nights becaues I kept feeling bed bugs crawl all over me. we washed everything cloth in our apartment, clothes, sheets, blankets, curtains. the curtains were no doubt the worst. they're these huge dreadful looking floral print curtains that I thought were tan. well, because there was no way the nasty things were going into our tiny little washing machine, we used the next best thing. a tub. only problem, no drain plug! so after a few attempts using various mediums, I stumbled upon a succesful plug in the form of a cup with modeling clay lining the bottom. created a nice suction. so we get the curtains down, and pour some detergent in the tub, get the curtains dunked. I get the opposite end of the broom and start brewing my potion. the water immediately turns black. faaaaairly disgusting. won't lie. but after all day we got all the curtains cleaned (and would you believe it, they're a pretty shade of light pink!) oh, and we ironed everything. extra precaution. yes, even our undies. nice and crisp! so far there have been no more attacks of the little devils, so we're hoping we were effective in our genocide.
case C: hati babi. which means "pig liver" of which I had to eat a whole plateful. interesting fact, when you put a piece in your mouth, it dissolves into a certain disgusting kind of paste....nast. I envied the muslims at that point. why do we have to eat pork?
case D: the epic bicycle crash of 2012. so let me set it up for you. it was on the hottest day of the century, with record highs of wind. against us. we were going out to our area, trying to be good diligent missionaries. in an effort to take our minds off of the murderous journey, ferg and I were riding side by side, shooting the breeze, probably talking about newtons law. she is closest to the car lane, I am closest to the curb. we're going at a fairly brisk pace, when out of nowhere, comes a dog no doubt stricken with rabbis. he is at my foot, gnarling his teeth and barking at me. and he is chasing me. and I am screaming like the little five year old girl I am sometimes. screaming. the dog is still chasing. in an effort to try to get away, I go to turn my bike in the opposite direction. poor ferg, suffering from facing her phobia of dogs, and complete and utter shock, she stops pedaling and kindof just sits there. unfortunately for me, she created a blockade rendering it impossible to escape. regardless, I attempted my escape, and ran into the back of her bicycle. at the pace I was going to try to get away from the dog, this collision ended being rather detrimental. I flew over the top of my handlebars, and without letting go of Stella, my bicycle, flipped and landed on my butt, slamming my head into the concrete, both feet trapped and twisted in my bicycle, all the while my skirt coming completely over my head and me flashing everyone within a 3 block radius. ferg threw her bicycle on the side of the road and came running to the scene. after I came to, I looked at my feet, telling them to move, and they didn't. ferg attempted to untangle me from my bike, after which I yelled at her to leave me alone. I stared at my feet, telling them to move, for what seemed fifteen minutes, with no reaction, until finally they moved. when they moved I immediately started dying of laughter and tears. as did ferg. two minutes later, we picked up  our bikes and kept going to our appointment. which ended up cancelling on us, right as a malaysian downpour of rain came.
but in all reality, case D, although unfortunate and hilarious, was also the biggest miracle on earth. it was seriously the worst bike crash ever. my head slaaaaaaaammed on the ground and my feet were trapped and tangled in my bike. and it was a fairly busy road. it was something that probably could have killed me, and instead I rode away with uncontrollable fits of laughter. if anyone had any doubt that God protects His missionaries, He does.
and that was my week.
I love you all so much. thanks for your prayers, I'm sure they contributed to ferg and I's safety as well.

No comments: