the past few days have been wild. we have been running around non stop. it has been SO nice. I've been out of business for way too long. it feels good to be a real live normal working missionary again. hallelujah!
it's been a few days already since I've been home from singapore, but I still miss it:( I miss sister norton!!!! adoi. I was a bit bummed to leave her and that beautiful city!!! it is sooo different from where I am. maybe I'll get lucky and get to serve there one day. if not, I'm going back!
so since it's the most recent thing on my mind, I will tell you a rather embarrassing story that happened last night. so there is a less active member we visit sometimes, and she has these adorable two little boys. the oldest one loooooves me, but he kindof violently loves me. you know how little boys are. he beats me up. but last night I was wearing that cute green skirt you sent me, and he kept grabbing on to it and running around in a circle. so I was spinning in a circle with him, trying to get his hands off before he ripped my precious skirt. well, there was a LOT of spinning for about five minutes until I got pretty fed up. so I quickly picked him up in hopes of startling him so he would let go. WRONG. his cute little hands clenched on harder than before, and because I picked him up and spun him while he was still holding on, it ended up pulling my skirt completely off my butt. like, completely. he pantsed me. skirtsed me, if you will. and the best part? the two local lesbians that always blow kisses happened to be watching, about ten feet away. so yes, they saw the whole thing as well. I screamed and dropped joel and pulled my skirt up but the damage had been done. I think it's safe to say I reached the color of red that you only see on firetrucks and stop signs. it was a goodie:)
so we have a baptism on saturday!!!!! she is this adorable 17 year old girl, she's iban, and she is sooooo sassy and boy crazy. needless to say, we are kindred spirits:) I love her so much. we have fun teaching her. I remember back to our first lesson, we taught her how to pray because she had never done that before. I think I wrote about that? well she prayed and it was so touching to be there for her first prayer. but she kept asking me about praying before we left, so I told her that prayers come from our hearts. we can pray about anything we want. things that we love, things that we're scared of, things we're worried about, maybe we just want to say how happy we are, whatever. and she still was apprehensive about it. so I told her that until she felt more comfortable just praying, she could write down a little prayer that she thought would be good, and then as she was praying if she forgot or got nervous, she could just look at the words on her paper. anyway, I told her this, and then we left. the next lesson, she was SO amped, and she pulls out this adorable little paper with her prayer written on it. she had scratched out so many different words so many times, rewritten everything, it was adorable. and on it, part of her prayer was (in malay) "thank you for sister jensen who taught me how to pray" basically, I took one look at that and I lost it. it was a really special moment. especially because she's so sassy! she's not cuddly like that haha. but that was really sweet I thought and I was really touched. missions are incredible. they are the biggest blessing. I am so blessed to be able to be a part of helping someone learn to pray. it's just unreal sometimes. it's unreal at just how real the work we are doing is.
we have been spending a lot of time at this one house, and in one of the rooms lives this man and his family. we have taught the man a few times, he is kindof intense. but we have only taught his family once. I adore his family. one of his daughters is the one that farted in my face. haha. anyway, I particularly love his wife. she is super sweet. anyway, when we were over there we had invited them to come to church (like we have been doing since day one) and they always say they can't promise. and week after week, they never came. until this sunday. when what do you know, all six of them strolled in to sacrament meeting. together. the whole family TOGETHER! at church!! ahhh. words can't describe the feelings in my heart. seriously. so cheesy, but it was one of the happiest moments of my mission thus far. seeing a whole family come together to church. we are so excited and gonna keep trying to help and encourage their family. weee.
so I'm reading the new testament, probably mentioned, and I am almost done with the Acts. I must say, I love Peter. but I LOOOVE Paul. he is a stud. I love him because he is the perfect example of what the gospel can do in someones life. I mean he was naughty naughty and doing all sorts of bad things. then, on his way to go do more bad things, he has a vision. immediately following that, he changes his life. he becomes a disciple of Christ, and then an apostle. and the rest of his life, he works his butt of going all over the "world" preaching the gospel. and he was persecuted! he went through allllll sorts of hard things. people were mean to him. and he just kept going, it seems like it wasn't even possible for him to get discouraged or tired. he just kept going. I loved that. I forgot my bible today or else I'd share a few verses that I particularly loved, but basically all of acts is really good. I found such a strong example in him and his journey that he made in his life, and it gives me hope and comfort that it's never too late to change your life and follow Christ. we just have to do it. and when we do, when we decide to stop the things that are killing us spiritually, and decide to turn to Christ and move forward, He doesn't say, "yeah, you made some stupid mistakes so I will never respect you as much as the other people that didn't make those mistakes..." He loves us. Paul became an apostle! I also think of Alma the younger in the same regard. our pasts are forgotten when we repent and turn to Christ. I always think of one of our recent converts when I think about that. his was the same thing, he made such a huge journey in his life, and now he is SO SOLID. he is so solid. it makes me emotional to see just how much his life has changed, and to hear him tell me how grateful he is that he found Christ.
I'm not sure if I've mentioned Angel...she is this little recent convert. she's 8. she's beautiful. and basically she is my favorite little person on earth. her auntie is the member that always feeds us and cooks delicious food and cakes. yeah, basically I adore the two of them more than I can say. when everything else fails, there is always Angel and Josie. they're my family here. anyway, it was really hysterical. the other day Angel was trying to teach me chinese. and she kept yelling at me because I could never sound just right. she literally was yelling at me. haha. it made me think of tomas and how I'd always get annoyed when I could never make the right chinese noises and he'd keep making me try. its hard! chinese is hard. but I love it and I'm gonna learn it when I get home. yesterday though Angel gave me this little drawing she had done of me and her and it was so cute. my hair was even drawn in like the true mullet I'm rocking right now:)
I love life a lot. it's scary how fast it's moving. sister hite goes home in less than two months. that's weird! sad. she's devastated. it's gonna be weird for me too, having a new companion. maybe I'll get lucky and they'll send me Norton:) haha. just playing. everyone in the whole mission knows we love each other so that will never happen I feel. oh well.
anyway. I love you all. have a good week okay?
happy good day!!
(that was an sms we got from an investigator who likes to show off his english...)
pictures:
1. me, hite, and ANGEL my darling. we were having fun. and I look ghetto but it's okay. the mullet is difficult to wear so it ends up being slicked back with a bun. isn't angel gorgeous?
2. me, an investigator, emma (the darling from england who did a 5 week rotation here for med school), and some random lady that wanted to be in the picture. :)
3. me and norton together AT LAST!!!!!! that is my 6 ringit (2.5 dollar) grandma dress I bought at the thrift store:) we decided we look older and fatter hahaha.
4. this was on a members balcony in singapore. their apartment was absolutely unreal. you guys would have flipped.
5. adrian, me, hite. adrian is soon to be elder harun! he is leaving this week. he will be serving in the salt lake city south mission! pretty sure it's the south one. you should send him a package or something while he's in the mtc. he's adorable. it's a big day for his family and the branch. I can't believe he's going to my home while I'm in his! haha. life.
No comments:
Post a Comment