so it has only been like three days since I last wrote you, and I don't know what to really say that would be interesting to anyone...
sunday was easter so we had an easter egg hunt. sister kubota and sister norton are super competitive and in to the whole easter egg hunt thing, so I volunteered to be the person that hid all the eggs. great choice:) while hiding the eggs outside, some elders gave me the idea to put something scary in one of the eggs. five minutes later we were looking under rocks for spiders or worms or something disgusting. we found about three worms and a snail, so we put them in one of the eggs. the easy to find eggs (to make sure they'd get it!) so a bit later when they had found all of the eggs and we were back inside, I got out my camera and said that they needed to open them. so sister kubota starts opening all of them so sister norton couldn't, and she gets to the one with the worm. hahahahahahahahaha. her face changed from an evil little grin to complete and utter terror in about three seconds. HYSTERICAL! she threw the egg and started crying/screaming at the top of her lungs, and sister norton ran out of the room with tears in her eyes, and then sister ferguson picked up the worm egg and proceeded to taunt sister kubota that she was going to throw it on her. so, sister kubota picks up a chair in an attempt to defend herself, while still crying/screaming hysterically. this went on for about five minutes. I almost peed my pants I was laughing so hard. I'm gonna miss my sisters.
the MTC started a new schedule program and yesterday was the first day. I won't lie, it was soooooooooooooooooooooo long. we had over two hours of personal study where we can't study our language. and then we only had one hour to study language! it was so rough! I'm sure it will be good for the new missionaries, but for us it is difficult because we were so used to the old schedule. I'm not sure if it was because of the schedule change or what, but I was just really really super grumpy yesterday. the type of day that i would talk to dad and we would do something and both get in a lot of trouble. haha. I'm not sure what my deal is but I felt really bad. but today is so much better already. I feel like I need to apologize to you too because I was so grumpy. simply because days like this when I'm home I get into a lot of trouble.
NEWS UPDATE! there is a blizzard outside right now! and I sent my cold weather clothes, including my coat, home already! hahaha walking to the temple today is going to be a lot of fun. it's my last opportunity to go to the temple for a year and a half! that thought really makes me sad. I wish we could go on the mission. i have had so many really really special experiences at the temple up here so i'm bummed:( go for me if you can!
so I was studying missionary work the other day, and I was taken to Ezekiel chapter 34. a really cool chapter! I particularly love verse 16, where it says 'I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away" talking about Christ and his lost sheep. isn't that cool? the whole chapter is cool and i would recommend reading it. I'm determined to not be the lazy shephard that doesn't try hard enough to find Christ's lost sheep. I don't want anyone to be able to say that I am included in verse 6, not seeking after anyone. but it's a cool chapter.
tonight we have our devotional, it is rumored to be Elder Oaks...another apostle! we will see if we are that lucky.
oh, and go to this website (at least I think it's this website, or one quite similar)www.interviewproject.davidlynch.com something like that. it is really cool. when we practice teaching, we go to this website and listen to peoples story and then we talk about what part of the gospel would really help them at that moment in their life. it's a really cool exercise and a really cool website. there's also one called 8 million people or something like that. you should check it out.
sister norton and i have to teach tomorrow night for the new missionaries...that's going to be interesting. there are actors who come in and pretend to be investigators and we teach them while all the new missionaries watch. no pressure! I'm actually excited though. we will be teaching in english, and we haven't gotten to do that for soooooo long. teaching in english is so much easier than teaching in malay:)
basically this week is just a normal week, with the exception of tomrrow because we host the new sisters in the afternoon and then teach all night, but after that we just have class class class. we get to start packing on saturday. can you believe i am finally leaving!!!!!? ALAHAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as you can see, I'm quite excited. especially flying on singapore airlines:) how did I get so lucky! we did the time change though and we are pretty sure it's an 18 hour flight. hahaha. lovely right? good thing we will be on singapore air.
I apologize that this email is so scatterbrained. I'm having a hard time thinking in sentences, especially english sentences right now. I'm just a little overwhelmed. but I love you all so very very much. thank you for your support.
oh, and unless you are close and want to put a letter in the snail mail like, soon, I might be gone before i get any of them. so don't send anymore mail to the MTC if you don't think it will get here by next monday. probably send it to the Singapore address. i would love to hear from you all still, even though I'll be halfway around the world :)
I love you all! saya mengasihi semua kamu! say berdoa untuk semua kamu! saya rindu semua kamu! love you love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment