Wednesday, January 4

OW

ow is Iban. they say it for everything, mostly in replace of "yea". I make a lot of weird noises and sounds now. I might not be able to pass through immigration when it's finally time for me to move back to land of the white people.
so this week! Rinet left. she is training in Singapore. Ferguson came from Singapore, I am training her here. very interesting. I've never had a companion that couldn't speak malay, so it has been interesting. my brain gets tired a whole lot because I have to be the voice. however, it has been good. since there isn't an iban speaker here anymore, people will actually speak to me in malay. instead of iban through rinet. so that has been quite the blessing, and made quite the difference. it is very interesting. I've had to step it up a lot, take the lead on everything. which of course is understandable, I've been in malaysia the whole time, she has been in singapore. worlds apart. but she is a great companion already. she came and we immediately got on our bikes to go to an appointment. she took it like a champ:) we have a lot of big plans. I told her kindof the pattern of the work in the past and we both decided we were going to put an end to it, and try to clean everything up. so our focus is on the members. getting to know them, letting them know us, serving them, building the branch, and hoping that when we have their trust, they'll tell us the people they love and want us to teach. so there we go.
oh so here is a cute story, both about Masir and his whole family, who were all baptized on the 31st of December. it was a glorious day. we have been so blessed with incredible families being baptized lately. huge families. that will be the future of the church in malaysia. so anyway, on the 1st it was fast sunday, and masir and roger both came to church wearing white shirts and ties, they both shared their testimonies, amazing testimonies, and they received the aaronic priesthood. so next week, the sacrament! they were fellowshipped into the ward so incredibly well. and they both said they feel like they have always been there. it's amazing.
but the best story, we went to teach recent converts to them on fergs first night, and we did it on missionary work and service. so we focused the whole thing on Christ. they all loove Christ and have the strongest desire I've seen to just serve Him. so we focused on how Christ was love and service. and how we can follow His example and be the same way. and Merara, she is very quiet, she grabs my hand and asks, "so can Rimbau start following you and helping teach? so he can start serving you for all you have done for him, and so that he will know how to be a missionary when he is older." Rimbau is 13. and I looked at him, and he was grinning. he wanted to follow so bad. I got these huge tears in my eyes and said absolutely. and then we talked to Roger, who is 21, about how he could serve a mission. and he was excited as well! their family is so beautiful. they are already insanely strong pillars for the very new and growing church here. like I said, they are the future. and I am so proud of them.
also, I have gotten quite a bit fatter lately. HA! I'm not sure if I've mentioned, but on holidays you go to members houses allllllll day long and you eat. and that is all you do. so I had about a week of going to 10-15 members houses a day, and eating at every single one. I'm looking forward to not being so fat again, so I can properly and comfortably ride my bike.
this week was good. next week will be better.
love you all SO MUCH!

No comments: