Wednesday, November 30

hello semua!
aku rindu nuan!
so this week. is it another week already? really? geeze. I don't know what to think about life anymore. haha. it moves so weirdly.
lots of funny moments this week. the first being last saturday night. we had a baptism, and as tradition, every saturday after baptisms we go to the night market, where they just have tons of hawker stand food and it's really fun and loud and tasty. so we were about to go there, when I started talking to an inactive member who I absolutely adore. we love to tease everybody together haha. she's fun. anyway, I was like sister! you must come with us! and she was all amped so she gets on to the back of my bike. and then her husband hops on to the back of moody's bike. so we go to the night market like that. we had to cross a freeway and a very busy parking lot to get there, almost died about 15 times, I crashed into the curb/car twice, and then on our way back home we decided to race and we tooootally won. I couldn't walk the next day because my legs were so sore, but it was still soo funny. just the sight of us was funny. especially moody with her husband on the back of his bike. it just looked awkward. but, the sister and her husband laughed all night long and were so funny, and then they came to church the next day for the first time in a very very long time. so I guess a little fun can get you pretty far.
another funny story, that goes with one of the pictures I sent home, was the morning we decided to saran wrap the elders bicycles together. :) hahaha. they are such snots, and forsyth and moody always call sister rinet pocahontas or squaw, and demand us to make cookies for them, so we decided to get revenge. so one morning we snuck down with a ton of saran wrap and went to town. the workers at our apartment complex all came over and watched and laughed with us. it was oddly invigorating:) but then they found out before we thought they were going to and in revenge took the front wheels off of our bikes and hid them...I still think they lacked points in creativity and spontaneity but whatever. they just haven't got the revenge thing down yet.
also very epic, did you know I have a 118 year old malaysian grandma? I sure do!! we were teaching a recent convert lesson and she goes hey sister, can you go meet my great grandma? so I go uh yeah I can! kindof weirded out because they live in this little house and I had never seen her or heard of her before. but we go to this room and there is this little woman laying in a ball on the floor. probably 40 pounds. no teeth. eyes sockets that looked like they had no eyes. white hair. she looked dead. but I walked over and sat down by her and she immediately perked up and immediately reached for me. one hand was petting my head and the other hand was clenching mine. great grip for a 118 year old woman! she had never seen a white person in her life before and she said she thought I was an angel. haha. I think it might be because she is so old she can probably see angels now...but I asked her if she could be my malaysian grandma and you should have seen the toothless gumless grin I got out of that question!! she is adorable. next time we go back I'm going to bring a bracelet for her because she was wearing like 6 of them already. I'll bring a cute sparkly one:) she really is 118 years old though, we won the bet so we get fruit bowls this week.
and I will end with the greatest thing on earth. so we have been teaching this one family since the day I got here. and they really weren't progressing, but then they started coming to church. and wow! the husband of the family was a smoker, and we hadn't taught him word of wisdom yet, but he ran in to a relative at our church, who told him about the word of wisdom, and it turns out, he came home and threw his cigarettes away. just like that! and now he doesn't smoke! that family is insanely amazing and I love them. the day all seven of them get baptized will be the greatest day on earth.
oh and kezie, if you are reading this, I got your letter! and I layed on the floor laughing because it was so funny. I will write back soon:)
and that is all. the chinese elders have to go to singapore next week or something so they promised they'd bring me any packages I get. fingers crossed!
anyway anyway. I love you all so much! hope all is going well.

No comments: